We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website. This privacy notice sets out how we will process the personal data we collect about you whether you are browsing the pages to read content or contributing your recipes and cooking tips.
For the purpose of this notice, SharkNinja Europe Ltd, trading as “SharkNinja”, is the data controller of the information you provide to us.
There are different ways you can contact us, including by email and post.
Our postal address: 3150 Century Way, Leeds, LS15 8ZB, United Kingdom, United Kingdom.
Our email address: privacy-UK@sharkninja.com
What personal information do we collect?
By “personal information”, we mean any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
- When you visit our website, we collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. This can include your internet protocol (IP address), login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and country location, browser plug-in types, operating system and platform. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites that employ our cookies. Please see our cookie notice for further details.
- If you create an account, we will collect your name and email address. You will be required to provide a username and create a password and will have the option to upload a profile image and write a biography.
- If you contact us to exercise your Data Subject Rights in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, we will collect the personal information that you provide in your request.
If the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, please let us know.
For further information regarding the personal information we collect, please email privacy-UK@sharkninja.com
Do we collect any Special Category Personal Data?
We do not collect any personal information regarding your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic or biometric data.
If you share personal information regarding your health such as allergies, then this is only collected when volunteered by yourself in public comments. Our website will allow visitors to search for recipes such as gluten, nut or dairy free and save these as preferences but we will never ask you for information regarding a medical condition.
Do we collect any personal information regarding children?
Our website is not designed for children and we do not collect personal information of children. If we do unintentionally collect children’s personal information, we will delete it as soon as be become aware. Our Terms and Conditions stipulate that images of children must not be used for profiles.
Why do we collect personal information and what is our legal basis for doing so?
We will only use your personal data in accordance with the law (EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018). We will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you provide consent as outlined by Article 6(1)(a) of GDPR. This includes;
- Subscription to receive emails for recipes and inspiration and/or offers from SharkNinja (opt-in)
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation as outlined by Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR. This includes;
- Recording details of Data Subject Requests received
- Notifying you of changes to our Privacy Notice or Terms and Conditions
- Ensuring the personal information we hold about you is up to date and accurate
- Requests to disclose information to law enforcement or regulatory bodies
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a service provider) as outlined by Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR. This includes;
- Creating an account to utilise the website features where you can comment and rate recipes, contribute your own recipes and create your own digital cookbook
- Monitoring performance of our website
- Analysing behaviour patterns of visitors to our website
- Inviting you to complete questionnaires to help us with content inspiration
- Reviewing social media sites to see what our consumers are saying about us
For further information regarding the personal information we collect and our legal reasons for doing so, please email privacy-UK@sharkninja.com
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only keep personal data for as long as is necessary and as required by law;
- For the duration that you have an account with us
- Until you update your preferences or opt-out to receiving email communications (recipes and inspiration and/or offers from SharkNinja) for which you previously provided consent
How do we share your personal data?
We will never sell your personal information. We will only share your personal data as outlined below;
- We share your personal information with our carefully selected IT service providers who host and manage our systems, applications and data storage. We have contracts in place with these providers that stipulate they cannot do anything with your personal information without instruction from us and they will only receive the personal information necessary to fulfil their service via secure methods.
- We will only share your personal information with other service providers where we have notified you and received your consent regarding a change of purpose for using your personal data.
- We share data with Google Analytics to provide insights on how we can improve the performance of our website and your consumer experience as described in the Cookie Notice.
- We will share your personal information if required to do so by law enforcement authorities or regulatory bodies.
- In the event of a sale of all or substantially all of our business or another similar transaction (such as a sale of a division or business unit), we may transfer or disclose your personal information to a purchaser or prospective purchaser, who may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes of evaluating and/or effecting a proposed transaction or operating and managing the affairs of the acquired business, or for other purposes identified in the Policy.
Please note; our website contains links from our contributors to their influencer/blogger websites. we are not responsible for maintaining their privacy notices or the cookies that they place on their sites.
For further information regarding how we share your personal information, please email privacy-UK@sharkninja.com
International Transfer of Personal Information
SharkNinja is a global company. Our corporate office is in the United States and we have a number of offices located around the world. The personal information that we collect may be stored, processed and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate due to our global systems, processes and procedures.
Personal information that you provide may be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), including Canada, Japan, and the United States.
To ensure we provide you with appropriate data protection, SharkNinja;
- Has legally binding Data Protection Agreements in place within our group of companies
- Requires service providers to either;
- process information in a country which data protection level is deemed ‘adequate’ by the European Commission under Article 45 of the GDPR (such as Canada and Japan),
- accept EU Standard Contractual Clauses (as approved by the European Commission under Article 46 (2) of the GDPR) within contracts with us where personal data will be processed outside of the EU/EEA, or
- provide evidence of their US/EU Privacy Shield certification where personal data will be processed in the United States
We will be happy to provide you with further information on the appropriate and reasonable safeguards to maintain an adequate level of data protection upon request; contact details can be found at the top of this Privacy Notice.
- Information on participants in the US/EU Privacy Shield can be found at; https://www.privacyshield.gov/list
- Information on EU standard contractual clauses can be found at; https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2010:039:0005:0018:DE:PDF
- Information on adequacy decisions can be found at; https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/adequacy-decisions_en#dataprotectionincountriesoutsidetheeu
Security of your personal data
SharkNinja will take every reasonable technical and organisational step to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorised access or alteration of your personal information.
We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
The information you submit via our website is encrypted and we store all electronic personal information on servers to the latest security standards.
Whilst we can take every precaution to protect your personal information, it is important that you keep your passwords, account details and other user information secure and confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will NEVER contact you and ask you to provide us with your password. Nor will we require it if you contact us.
How do you consent, update your preferences, or opt-out of marketing communications?
There are several ways to set your preferences for receiving marketing communications depending on what you would like to receive, including no marketing communications at all.
To provide consent and ‘opt-in’ to receive marketing communications;
- You can ask us to keep you updated with competitions and new products by entering your email address in the ‘Join our Mailing List’ section on our website
- You can select the marketing communications you want to receive as you purchase a product from us
- You can select the marketing communications you want to receive when you register your Guarantee
To update your preferences or ‘opt-out’ from receiving marketing communications;
- Log into your account on our website and change your Email Preference, or click ‘Unsubscribe’ to stop receiving all email marketing messages from SharkNinja
- Click ‘Manage Preferences’ or ‘Unsubscribe’ on the marketing communication email that you received
For further information regarding consent and managing marketing preferences, please email privacy-UK@sharkninja.com
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following rights;
- Right of access – to ask for copies of your personal information.
- Right to rectification – to ask for information to be rectified if you think it is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask for information to be completed if you think it is incomplete.
- Right to erasure – to ask for your personal information to be deleted (although it may not always be possible to complete this request as we are required to keep personal information for different reasons).
- Right to restriction of processing – to ask for the processing of your information to be restricted if you are concerned about the accuracy or how it is being used.
- Right to object to processing – to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest if you do not agree with the purpose and lawful basis for processing in particular you have the right to object to processing of your personal information for direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated decision making – to object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- Right to Data Portability – to ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party. We will provide to you, or the third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Right of withdrawal – for any consent given to us (e.g. in connection with marketing information by e-mail) you can withdraw such consent at any time with effect for the future. In our e-mail information, we usually provide you with a corresponding link in each of our newsletters. You can also contact us in any other way, e.g. by sending us a message by post or e-mail via one of the contact channels mentioned on the first page of this data protection notice.
- Right to complain – Notwithstanding the rights described above, in the event that you feel the processing of personal data by SharkNinja relating to you infringes the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to complain to the responsible supervisory authority in accordance with Article 77 of the GDPR.
To submit a Data Subject Request as outlined above, click here to complete the online form. We will endeavour to complete your request within one calendar month from confirming your identity but will keep you informed should we require a little more time.
Revisions to this Privacy Notice
We keep this privacy notice under regular review to make sure it is up to date, accurate and reflects the latest guidance on how to communicate our Data Protection obligations with you.
Changes that we make to this Privacy Notice will be detailed below. If we have your email address then we may contact you to inform you of significant changes.
This is the first published version of the Privacy Notice. It has been written as we launch the website to build a cooking community and share recipes related to the Ninja brand.