UK Privacy Notice
At SharkNinja, we exist to deliver on our mission of “positively impacting people’s lives, every day in every home. This includes doing everything possible to protect your privacy and secure your personal information”.
This Privacy Notice aims to inform you about how we collect, use, disclose, and store personal information when you:
- access or use any of our websites, including product order transactions, downloading materials including product manuals and FAQs,
- use any of our products, services or applications in any manner,
- participate in a research survey or testing, and register your products with us.
SharkNinja are responsible for determining “why” and “how” your personal information is collected. To be able to deliver our services we also determine which approved organisations we share your personal information with. All these organisations are bound by an obligation to implement appropriate security measures and have specific contractual terms on “how” and “when” they are allowed to use your personal information on our behalf.
You can contact us by whatever method is best for you, including by email and post.
- Our postal address: 3150 Century Way, Thorpe Park, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS15 8ZB
- Our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To submit a request to exercise your rights please click here.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect, hold and use your personal information in accordance with your privacy legislation. We will collect, store, process, use, disclose and transfer your personal information to be able to identify you, and provide you with a smooth customer experience.
|The purposes we process your personal information are as follows:||The processing of your personal information is justified on the following legal basis:|
|Providing the services or information you may request when you contact us to purchase goods including: Create a Customer Order Record Arrange for delivery or collection of your goods Register and honor your Warranty Facilitate a Payment Plan Facilitate Financial Fraud checks Notify you of a Product Recall.||Performance of a contract or taking steps at your request prior to entering a contract.|
|Improving the quality and safety of our services including: Monitoring performance of our websiteAnalysing behavior patterns of visitors to our websiteFacilitation of recovering bad debtAs part of our effort to keep our website secureInvestigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to the website and services, and other illegal activitiesReviewing social media sites to see what our consumers are saying about us.||Performance of a contract or taking steps at your request prior to entering a contract, or our Legitimate Interest.|
|Engaging with you to provide a better service including: Inviting you to provide feedback, take a survey or write a product review following a purchase of goodsYour subscription to our marketing and product communicationsActivating cookies on our websitesYour participation in Consumer Insights or Product Review and Survey programmes including focus groups, in-home testing and in-home research.||Your consent.|
What personal information do we collect and when?
When you interact with us, or our approved partners you may provide us with the following personal information:
- When you visit our website, we or companies acting on our behalf may collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. This may include your internet protocol (IP address), login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and country location, browser plug-in types, operating system and platform. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites that employ our cookies. You can read more about our cookies by clicking on this link.
- If you place an order with us, we will collect your name, address, telephone number, email address and payment information.
- If you simply subscribe to our marketing product communications, offers, competitions and/or product tips without purchasing a product, we will only collect your email address and phone number based on your choice. We may use your email address for additional advertising purposes with our partners.
- If you contact our customer service contact center, your call, email, or chat may be recorded /stored for quality and training purposes.
- If you provide feedback via our post contact survey, your results will be stored to help improve our services.
- If you want to assist us by providing invaluable feedback on new and innovative products by participating in our Consumer Insights or Product Review programmes, we will collect your name and contact information. As part of these activities, we may also collect personal information that includes your gender, age range, geographical location, size of your household, whether you have pets or children and use social media. Whilst this information on its own may not directly identify you, it could do so when pieced together.
- If you interact with us on social media, what you post on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter, sometimes includes information that has been put online and is publicly available. We aim to anonymise personal information collected through these platforms, but it is not always possible and therefore we may collect your personal information. These online and social media sites are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing the feature, not by our Privacy Notice. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these sites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared (see the section below ‘Links to third party websites’).
- We only collect information from third parties who have obtained your consent to share your information. This may include aggregated demographic information that provide insights into the relative affluence of households, from third party data providers who help us to give you a more relevant experience by enabling us to provide offers, and to give you more relevant services and advice.
Our products and our websites are not designed for children. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children, we take every reasonable effort to delete or anonymise this information.
If we do unintentionally collect children’s personal information, we will delete it as soon as we become aware.
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website – when visited by a user – asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information. Those cookies are set by us and called first party cookies. We also use third party cookies – which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting – for our advertising and marketing efforts.
Sharing and transferring personal information
We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
We may share and disclose personal information when it is necessary within the SharkNinja Group for operational reasons such as the use of a group-wide manufacturing, logistic or IT infrastructure.
We share your personal information with carefully selected service providers so they can provide services to you on our behalf to help us fulfil our contractual obligations, or who otherwise assist us in carrying out the purposes we describe in this Privacy Notice. We have contracts in place with these providers that stipulate they cannot do anything with your personal information without instruction from us and that they provide their service via secure methods.
Our service providers include:
- Logistics and Transport providers who deliver and collect products to and from your delivery/home address
- Customer Call Centre which provides support to our consumers regarding our products and services
- Payment Service Providers
- IT Service Providers who host and manage our systems, applications and data storage
- Digital Marketing providers who invite you to share a review of our products or services after a purchase
- Debt collection agency should you breach the terms of your payment agreement
- We share data with Google Analytics to provide insights on how we can improve the performance of our website and your consumer experience as described in the Cookie section.
We will share your personal information if required to do so by law enforcement authorities or regulatory bodies that have asserted a lawful right to access such information, to our legal counsel, or as necessary to protect our property, interests and rights.
In the event of a sale of all or substantially all our business or another similar transaction (such as a sale of a division or business unit), we may transfer or disclose your personal information to a purchaser or prospective purchaser, who may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes of evaluating and/or effecting a proposed transaction or operating and managing the affairs of the acquired business, or for other purposes identified in the Notice.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only keep personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes we have collected it, and described in this Notice, and as required by law, such as:
- Where you do not have an account with us, but you have consented to receive our marketing communications, we will keep your personal information for twelve months from the time you update your preferences or opt-out to receiving such communications.
- We may keep your personal information for 6 years where you have purchased a product from us to facilitate your Guarantee and our obligations within the applicable consumers regulation.
- We may keep your personal information until the time limit for any legal challenges to the supply of the goods or personal injury claim have expired.
- Recordings of your interactions with our customer service will be kept for a maximum of 3 months, however, recordings may be kept longer if they are used as evidence in a legal claim.
- We may retain personal information for a longer time where we are obliged to do so in accordance with relevant legal, tax and accounting purposes.
How do we protect your personal information?
SharkNinja are strongly committed to keeping your personal information safe. We have adopted specific technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access.
We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Whilst we can take every precaution to protect your personal information, it is important that you keep your passwords, account details and other user information secure and confidential.
International Transfer of Personal Information
We operate globally and may transfer your personal information to other offices in SharkNinja, or to approved partners in locations around the world. We want you to have the best service and customer experience, and for this purpose we may share your personal information outside the country where you have first shared it with us. When we do this, it will always be for the purposes described in this privacy notice, and where we are satisfied with the levels of protection and security implemented in compliance with applicable privacy legislation. Transfers of personal information within SharkNinja (including those outside the EEA) are governed by an intercompany agreement.
When we share, use, or transfer personal information with other organisations particularly outside the EEA, we use approved standard contractual clauses, or put in place other measures under applicable privacy legislation, to ensure that these transfers provide adequate safeguards.
Your Data Protection Rights
In certain circumstances, you may exercise the rights available to you under the applicable data protection legislation as follows:
- Right to access personal information held about you and to ask for copies of your personal information.
- Right to request us to make any changes and rectify your personal information if you think it is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask for information to be completed if you think it is incomplete.
- Right to ask for your personal information to be deleted.
- Right to restriction of processing your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to object to processing your personal information where the processing of your personal information is based on our legitimate interests. If we use your personal information for direct marketing, you can ask us to stop, and we will comply with your request.
- Right to object to and not be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing (including profiling) which may produce legal effects concerning you or could significantly affect you.
- Right to data portability. You can ask us to transfer your personal information to you or to a third party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies in certain circumstances.
- Right to withdraw consent at any time with effect for the future. In each of our email communications, we provide you with a corresponding link to manage your preferences or unsubscribe. You can also contact us by email.
Right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory.
The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/. We would appreciate the opportunity to handle your concerns before you approach the ICO, so we ask that you contact us first in this instance.
How do you update your preferences or opt-out of marketing communications?
To update your preferences or ‘opt-out’ from receiving marketing communications you can either:
- Contact our customer services via email or phone stating what communications you no longer want to receive from us. (Customer services link)
- Log into your account and update your preferences.
- Click ‘Manage Preferences’ or ‘Unsubscribe’ on the marketing communication email that you received.
You can contact us by email, online via our webform and post.
Our email is email@example.com
Our postal address is SharkNinja Privacy Team, 3150 Century Way, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS15 8ZB.
To unsubscribe from our marketing communications please click here
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We will regularly review and update this notice. If we change our privacy notice in a way that significantly changes how we process the personal information that we hold about you, we will also alert you to material changes by placing a notice on our websites, or by sending you an email (if you have registered your e-mail details with us).
This notice was last reviewed and updated in March 2022.